Since the invention of Pinterest, clothespins have really had a popular time and our chalk painted clothespins for photo prints DIY is just another one to add on to the many, many versatile things you can do with a clothespin. (Well, aside from pinning clothes, but who does that anymore?) Follow along for a quick DIY tutorial on these guys. Pretty self-explanatory but just in case you need some guidance.
- PostalPix Instagram Prints
- Clothespins (normal size)
- Chalk Paint or Chalk Spray Paint
- Old Newspapers
- Chalk Pen or Metallic Sharpie
- Gather up your clothespins from around the house (if you don’t have any, they are only a few dollars for a huge pack at Target or your local hardware store.)
- You want to do this outside since you’ll be working with (spray) paint.
- Lay out your clean clothespins on some newspapers or old magazines and leave clearance away from anything and everything. If you have a sensitivity to the smell of (spray) paint, a mask would be helpful too.
- Thoroughly coat each side of the clothespin with paint and let dry for at least an hour on each side. This may take a few coats each time.
- Let dry completely overnight and that’s it!
You’ll have a great surface (albeit, small) surface to write sweet little notes on. We recommend location or hashtags because it’s all the latest rage these days.
Interested in sharing your own DIY with PostalPix Instagram prints or your photography on our blog? We should chat. Looking for more inspiration? Be sure to check out the rest of our blog or #PostalPix on Instagram. We’re also on Pinterest! Check us out at www.pinterest.com/postalpix