We love, love, love a simple project and it really doesn’t get any simpler than this! Inspired by this DIY Fringe Photo Garland by PB teen, we just had to add this fun idea to our own PostalPix prints but with a variety of different trims we could find. It’s the perfect DIY to make to use up those scraps of ribbons, fringes and trims (you know you have a basket full of them from leftover projects!)
- 4×4 (any size, really) PostalPix Instagram Prints
- Washi Tape (any color, any design)
- Lace trim (lots to choose from at Joann’s)
- Double-sided Adhesive
- Gather up all of those leftover lace ribbons, fringes and decorative yarn pieces… whatever you have handy!
- Lay the Instagram prints on a flat surface so you have a level work area to measure.
- Measure out the lace trim and mark with a small pen (or just eyeball) where you should cut the trim. PostalPix prints are 4″x4″ and your lace trim should be about the same.
- Carefully cut the lace trim and clean up any pieces that may fray.
- Lay the 4″ lace trim toward the bottom of the photo print. Some of it can be on the print itself.
- Adhere the wash tape to connect the lace trim to the photo print and just fold over any left over pieces or simply cut it off.
That’s it! From here, you can display them as is, but it’s best to have them hanging to show the trim off. This is a great project for the little ones!
Interested in having your DIY project with PostalPix prints featured on our blog? We should chat.