With the end of summer quickly approaching, now’s a great time to print & display those fun summer vacations photos you all took. An easy way to do this is to your very own mini matchbook album for prints of your Instagram photos. We’ve got the DIY included below which makes it a great project to make with the kiddos. In need of a gift? Make a blank album and wrap it all up alongside a PostalPix gift card for a perfect handmade present.
- 4×4 PostalPix prints
- 12×12 sheet of corrugated cardboard paper (or any other kind of the cover)
- Cardstock paper (amount depends on how many pages you’d like to make)
- 2 small brads
- Photo corners
- X-Acto knife
- Bone folder (optional)
- Since this album is for 4×4 prints, trim the cardboard paper it down to be 12″ x 5″. You are able to make 2 covers with 1 piece of 12×12 cardboard paper.
- Use the bone folder (or something to indent the paper so it’s easier to fold) to fold it at the 5″ mark and again at the 10″ mark.
- This makes it that “matchbook” look with the 2″ flap that will eventually fold over.
- You will have an extra cardboard paper which you can cut into a circle (or use a 1″ paper puncher) to use for the rings outside of the album. Save this to the side for later use.
- Trim down the inside pages (white cardstock used here) to be 10″ x 5″.
- Use the bone folder again to mark the middle of the paper to make them 5″ x 5″ pages. Make as many pages as you’d like or as many as you can fit.
- Once ready to bind together, line up the inside pages with the cardboard paper
- Use a needle or something sharp to make 2 holes in the center of inside pages and the cardboard paper.
- Take the twine (whatever you have on hand) to tie it all together (see photo #3).
- Making this project with kids? Skip the previous step and just staple it down!
- Use the brad to adhere the circles in the front of the flap and towards the center of the cover.
- Attach twine to open and close the flap.
Easy, right? Use photo corners and place each 4×4 PostalPix print to each page and decorate it any way you’d like. You can easily replace any material out with whatever you have on hand.