Instagrammer @ctano17 recently shared with us this unique and fun PostalPix project! She’s been kind enough to not only tell us more about the project, but also share her DIY. Read on to learn how to make your very own DIY book box with Instagram prints.
Tell us more about yourself! What do you do for a living?
- My name is Christina Montano and I am an HR Manager for a flower nursery.
What are your passions?
- Cooking, traveling, taking pictures!!!
Tell us more about this project!
- The book I gutted was a gift for my parents 45th wedding anniversary. That book was given to me by a family friend who is 95 years old and she wanted me to have it. It was falling apart so I decided to convert it into a little box and decorated it with Instagram prints.
- PostalPix prints
- Hard cover book
- X-Acto knife (or box cutter)
- Mod Podge
- Sponge brush
- Felt stickers (for the bottom)
- Carve out center of book using X-Acto knife or box cutter.
- Apply Mod Podge on the inside, inside cover, and let dry.
- Apply Mod Podge completely on the outside and let dry.
- Repeat coats at least 2x and make sure the pages stick. It will turn solid after 2 coats dry. (Note: you can use blow dryer on cold to speed up the drying process)
- Get out your PostalPix prints! Apply to the top part of box to make a collage.
- Cut out felt and place at the bottom just for the look.
“It may be sticky for the first few days, but it wears off. Also, make sure you don’t let the cover stick to the pages – it will ruin it. My pages aren’t perfectly cut, but I wanted the page texture on the inside just to prove it was a real.
A simple fun gift for anyone! This will not be the only book I make!”
Thanks Christina for sharing this DIY with us!