Since the invention of Pinterest, clothespins have really had a popular time and our chalk painted clothespins for photo prints DIY is just another one to add on to the many, many versatile things you can do with a clothespin. (Well, aside from pinning clothes, but who does that anymore?) Follow along for a quick DIY tutorial on these guys. Pretty self-explanatory but just in case you need some guidance.
- PostalPix Instagram Prints
- Clothespins (normal size)
- Chalk Paint or Chalk Spray Paint
- Old Newspapers
- Chalk Pen or Metallic Sharpie
- Gather up your clothespins from around the house (if you don’t have any, they are only a few dollars for a huge pack at Target or your local hardware store.)
- You want to do this outside since you’ll be working with (spray) paint.
- Lay out your clean clothespins on some newspapers or old magazines and leave clearance away from anything and everything. If you have a sensitivity to the smell of (spray) paint, a mask would be helpful too.
- Thoroughly coat each side of the clothespin with paint and let dry for at least an hour on each side. This may take a few coats each time.
- Let dry completely overnight and that’s it!
You’ll have a great surface (albeit, small) surface to write sweet little notes on. We recommend location or hashtags because it’s all the latest rage these days.