Sometimes inspiration can hit us anywhere. In Bre’s case, it was found treasure that sparked this fun DIY Lattice Craft Organizer that we are so excited to share! It’s an insanely easy DIY that we think would pair up so well with your PostalPix Instagram photo prints. The rest is completely up you and your creativity! Follow below for the easiest instruction list that’ll surely spark some ideas the next time you find some abandoned treasure.
- Wooden or Plastic Lattice (Home Depot or in Bre’s case, found!)
- Spray Paint (color of your choice)
- Clipboard Clips
- Find or purchase your lattice. If wooden kind, this may need some slight prepping. A lighting sanding might be needed just in case it’s not a smooth surface for the spray paint.
- Lay out some newspapers or cardboard box to prep for the spray paint.
- It may take 1-2 coats, but thoroughly saturate the lattice with the spray paint color of your choice.
- Let dry completely and use fun clips to attached anything and everything! We think your PostalPix photo prints would look amazing on your new DIY lattice craft organizer.
Tell us more about yourself! What do you do for a living? Where ya from?
- My name is Bre Bertolini, you can find me on Instagram at @brepurposed and my blog is www.brepurposed.com. I’m currently working as a Project Manager/Graphic Designer and I’m originally from Skaneateles, NY, but currently live in North East, PA.
What are your passions? What inspires you
- Creativity is a big passion of mine. I’ve always been a creative person, and since I started my blog, I’ve realized this is exactly what I need to be doing. I’m also very passionate about design in general. I’m a graphic designer and just love challenging myself and exploring with colors and fonts.I can be inspired by anything and love when that inspiration strikes in random places. I could be driving, taking my dog for a walk, or strolling the aisles of a craft store. You never know when you’ll be inspired but there’s nothing better than when you have that a-ha moment!
Tell us more about your project!
- This project was the definition of “Trash to Treasure”. I was driving to work one day and it happened to be garbage day. I did the slow drive, trying to scope out all the goodies and spotted this awesome lattice someone had kicked to the curb. I quickly pulled over, threw it in the back of my car and headed to work. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with it yet, but I knew I couldn’t let it be trashed. When I got home I immediately spray painted it this awesome mint color I had picked up a few days before and that’s when my idea started coming to life. I don’t have a craft room or real office space, so all my craft supplies and accessories are just thrown into our spare bedroom in a completely disorganized fashion. I knew this would be the perfect way to display some of my supplies and create an inspiration board too. I love that I can easily change what’s hanging on it and how it doubles as organization and art!
We cannot thank Breanna of Bre Purposed enough for sharing her fun DIY with us!