We came across this tutorial and thought it would be such a great DIY to share with our crafty PostalPix customers! These little guys are super kid-friendly and can either be left blank or painted to match any decor. Follow below to learn how to make your own easy clay photo displays that’s perfect for Instagram prints.
- 4×4 PostalPix Instagram Photo Prints
- Crayola Air-Dry Clay (any brand will do, but make sure it’s the air-dry kind)
- An old credit card/hotel key/library card/etc.
- Clear out some space for this project, it can get a little messy!
- Depending on the size of the display you want to make, gather a big chunk out of the air-dry clay.
- Work it with your hands and make ANY shape you want. Just make sure there’s somewhat of a base for it stand on its own.
- Once a desired shape is formed, stick it in the fridge for about 15 minutes. You can also leave it to dry out for a few hours. This hardens up the clay just a bit so you can make that slit for the photo to sit in.
- Using that old hotel key (any plastic card will do), make a slit into the clay.
- Let harden for a complete 24 hours or more and it will also whiten up in color.
- Decorate with a photo as is or spray paint it a fun color!
A big shout out to Home Tree Atlas for the great idea!
How to Make an Easy Clay Photo Print Display by PostalPix on Snapguide.