We’ve got a new DIY for you guys!
With just a few simple steps and a few inexpensive materials, you can make your own embroidery hoop frame that’s perfect for photo prints. The possibilities are endless with what kind of material you’d like to use for the fabric or how you’d like to adhere the photos to the frame itself. This is the one of the least expensive options out there and still looks great.
- PostalPix prints
- Embroidery hoops (any size, as many as you’d like)
- Burlap (or any other fabrics/papers you’d like)
- Washi tape
- Untighten the screw on the embroidery hoop so that you can take out the smaller of the two hoops.
- Cut out the burlap to cover over the size of the smaller hoop. Excess will be cut off, so make sure it covers the entire hoop.
- Take both pieces (the smaller hoop and burlap) and place it over the larger hoop.
- Tighten the burlap into place by pulling out the excess outside the hoop.
- Tighten the screw.
- Use scissors to cut the excess burlap. (This step is best done outdoors or you’ll have burlap dust everywhere!)
- Adhere your photo prints with the washi tape to give it a pop of color.
That’s it! With just a few easy instructions and very little material, you can make as many as you’d like for an impressive wall of frames. Don’t have washi tape? Just use regular double-sided tape or even glue it in (this step is a bit more permanent).