We love when a PostalPix project turns out this good (and costs a fraction of what it should!) Heather Hess from Heather Hess At Home shares with us today her Instagram Magnet Board DIY that safely displays PostalPix photo prints and on a fabric that matches with your decor. Keep reading below to learn how to make your own and get inspired by Heather!
- 4×4 PostalPix Instagram Prints
- Frame (thrifted)
- Sheet Metal
- Glue or Duct Tape
- Have your metal cut to fit inside your frame either at the home improvement store or with tin snips.
- Before putting the metal sheet inside the frame, wrap it with fabric of your choice and adhere it with an adhesive. Using duct tape can allow you to change out the fabric whenever you want.
- Now you can put the fabric covered metal sheet inside the frame.
- It’s time to decorate your magnets!
- Buttons make for easy and affordable options. Just snip off the backs and glue the top part of the button to the magnets.
What do you do for a living? Where ya from?
- Currently live in Washington, originally from Idaho. Stay at home mom with 3 kids. DIY and motherhood blogger.
What are your passions? What inspires you
- My family.
Tell us about your DIY and how you involved PostalPix!
- I print out my Instagram pictures from PostalPix a couple times a year and wanted to display them at home where I could see them everyday. I thought about a bulletin board but I didn’t want to damage and put holes in my pictures, so I created a magnet board. I used a large thrift store frame, cut a large piece of galvanized metal from the home improvement store to fit inside my frame, and covered the metal in fabric to create the magnet board. I hot glued vintage brass buttons to round magnets to hold my pictures. Now I can see my pictures everyday and switch them out every few months with no damage!
A huge thank you to Heather for letting us get to know her a bit more and sharing this DIY with us!