We are firm believers that DIYs should never be difficult to recreate or break the bank, which is why we’re particularly excited to share this mini wooden Instagram frame DIY today! Inspired by lots of other wooden frame DIYs we’ve seen floating around on Pinterest, we thought these would work great with PostalPix photo prints and they sure did. For a few dollars, you should be able to pull this DIY off without a hitch. Follow along below for a list of supplies and instructions!
- 4×4 PostalPix Instagram Print
- Wooden Dowel
- X-Acto Knife
- Adhesive (Elmer’s Glue)
- Jute Twine (Ribbon, Twine, Rope, etc.)
- Wood Stain (Optional)
- Small Foam Brush (Optional)
- Small Steel Screw Eye (Optional)
- Purchase your materials and have everything all set to go. Everything was purchased at a Michael’s craft store and Home Depot for the small screw eyes, which are optional.
- Cut the wooden dowel down to size with the X-Acto (or large knife), about 4.25″ in width just slightly larger than your 4×4 PostalPix photo print. Cut 4 total if you want to make it like a box or 2 if you want to adhere it to only the front.
- Using a small foam brush, paint the trimmed down pieces of wood using the wood stain. This step is entirely optional as you can leave the natural wood as is, or even paint it with acrylic paint.
- Let dry for at least 12 hours. The longer the better!
- Align the print in the middle of two pieces of wood and glue them together.
- Do the same to the bottom two pieces.
- Let dry completely. Again, the longer the better.
- Use small steel screw eyes and screw them into the top on either sides and tie twine to it. You can also use push pins or simply tape/glue the twine to either sides.
- That’s it! Hang and enjoy.